I ate this for lunch. It only looks completely decadent. In actual fact it’s just fruit, dates and nuts. Ok, with a bit of maple syrup.
Banana Ice Cream-
Ingredients- 2 banana’s sliced into medallions and frozen for 2 hours in freezer. (use a silicon plate for this so you can pop them off)
1. Throw your frozen banana’s into the food processor and whir until smooth like ice cream. wait- it is ice cream. I swear.
2. Remove to container and return to freezer for harder ice cream.
Maple peanut butter syrup-
1. In a small sauce pan on low heat melt 1/4 cup maple syrup into 2 Tbsp melted natural peanut butter. Stir most frequently until reduced but still runny. Pour on ice cream.
Raw date medallions-
3/4 cup raw pitted dates
1/4 cup raisins
2 Tbsp natural crunchy peanut butter
1 Tbsp organic raspberry jelly
4g slivered almonds
1/2 cup oats
raw coconut flakes and toasted almond slivers for garnish
1. Put it all in the food processor and whir until it is fully combined.
2. Roll into balls, sprinkle coconut and slivered almonds on a sheet of wax paper. Use another sheet of wax paper on top of balls, press down on top wax sheet with an even hand and a heavy plate. Use a shot glass to cut your new raw date rounds into tiny medallions. Use tiny bits of creamed honey as glue on a toothpick to garnish with more toasted almonds.
Put ice cream in a bowl, pour syrup over top, add some raw cookie medallions and sprinkle with toasted almonds. This entire serving of fruits, nuts and delicious goodness was about 400 calories total. All good for you.