I know your saying whaat? Kiwi? well, it’s what I had on hand. And let me tell you this is the best pizza ever!
2 uncooked chicken breasts sliced into thin slices
2 small thin crust pizza shells uncooked- (I get mine Gluten Free from Bigstar)
2 ears of corn, husked
1 1/2 cups of mozzarella, grated
1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
marinade- see below
raw tomato sauce- see below
Marinade for Chicken Ingredients-
3/4 cup kiwi, peeled and chopped until very soft
1 1/2 tsp coriander seeds, ground in a mortar and pestle
2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce with some sauce, chopped until very fine
1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
2 cloves garlic, chopped fine
juice of 1/2 lime
1/2 Tbsp canola oil
tsp sea salt
fresh ground black pepper to taste
Directions for marinade-
1. Combine all of your marinade ingredients and pour over chicken slices in a covered dish. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
Ingredients for raw tomato sauce:
2 Roma tomatoes, diced fine
1 Tbsp chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped very fine
2 cloves garlic, chopped very fine
1 Tbsp chopped basil leaves
1 Tbsp ground oregano
1 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
sea salt, to taste
fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Directions for raw tomato sauce-
1. Combine all the ingredients. There that’s it.
Directions for Pizza-
1. Preheat your BBQ grill to 500°, clean grill well and oil lightly with canola oil.
2. Rub your corn cobs with olive oil and grill until nice grill marks appear. Cut the corn off the cobs with a sharp knife.
3. Remove chicken from marinade and grill until cooked through. One or two minutes a side
4. Lightly oil one side of your pizza dough using a brush (canola oil). Grill that side for just a minute until some grill marks appear. Remove from heat and spoon some of the raw tomato sauce on, spread it around with the back of the spoon. Add 1/2 your toppings (making a second pizza remember)- chicken first, then corn, black beans and mozzarella.
5. Place prepared pizza on thick foil and pop on the grill, close lid and cook for about 8 minutes, or until it’s done.
6. Eat entire pizza, make another one and eat that too.