This is a great breakfast to serve when you have guests. Next time I make this I’m switching out the olives and replacing with bacon. Olives are ok but bacon is perfection.
2 egg whites
3 tablespoons cottage cheese
1/2 chopped basil
sea salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste
8 kalamata olives, pitted squashed and chopped
8 cherry tomatoes, chopped
2 tablespoons feta cheese
2 cups arugula
1. Whisk the egg, egg whites, cottage cheese and basil together. Season to taste.
2. Heat some olive oil in a non-stick small fry pan over medium heat and pour in egg mixture.
3. Cook for 2-3 minutes, sprinkle with olives (bacon), tomatoes, and cheese. reduce heat to low and move pan under broiler to brown the top.
4. Serve with arugula.
GF bread or buns
2 slices of prosciutto for each sandwich
gouda or mozza sliced thin
oil and/or butter
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Fry your eggs in a non-stick pan, salt and pepper to taste, place thin slices of cheese on top, remove and place on top of buttered toast or buns.
2. Quickly fry up a few slices of prosciutto, fold on top of sandwiches and your done!
3. eat, repeat.
A classic made healthy
4 organic corn tortillas
1 pound ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
2 serrano peppers, chopped
1 large clove garlic, peeled and smashed
1/2 small onion, chopped
1 1/2 Tbsp canola oil
salt, to taste
fresh ground black pepper, to taste
4 large eggs
chopped cilantro for garnish
Queso fresco if you like
1. Preheat oven to 350°F, place corn tortillas wrapped in foil in oven for 10-15 minutes to warm through
2. Place the tomatoes, chili peppers, garlic, onion in a blender. Blend but retain some texture
3. Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large heavy non stick pan on high heat. Add the tomato mixture and cook, stirring frequently for 10-15 minutes. The sauce will darken, thicken and start to stick just a little bit when it is ready. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Warm your plates in the oven, fry your eggs in a non-stick skillet (less oil required). Cook them sunny-side up , until the whites are solid and the yolks are set but still runny. Season with salt and pepper, remove from heat. Place 2 warmed tortillas on each plate, top with fried eggs. Spoon your salsa over the whites and the tortillas and garnish with cilantro (and queso fresco if you like) and serve.
High protein, gluten free, low calorie meal. delicious.