gluten free, vegetarian cookies that pack a whole lotta power for your long workouts.
1 cup coconut flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp sea salt
3 small ripe bananas or two medium
1/2 small ripe avocado
1 cup almond milk
4 tbsp honey
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup shredded coconut
3/4 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. In a large bowl combine the coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder and sea salt. Whisk to remove any clumps.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the banana and avocado. Mash well with a fork. Add the almond milk, honey, apple cider vinegar, vanilla and eggs. mix well.
4. Pour your wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix well to avoid clumps. Add the shredded coconut and the chocolate chips, stir to combine.
5.To make cookies- Roll about 2 Tbsp dough into a ball, place on a parchment lined cookie sheet and flatten with a fork.Bake for 20 minutes or until nicely golden.
6.Makes about 20 cookies.
This pie was easier to make than toast. It was devoured by my guests in 6 minutes flat. It’s that good.
1 gluten free & dairy free pie crust. Mine is from a local Italian kitchen called Piccola Cucina. It was a simple almond flour crust made with ground almonds, egg whites, sugar and natural goodness. (you could easily substitute a vegan crust as well!)
1 can coconut milk
1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (dairy free or vegan if you prefer!)
1. Melt chocolate in a double boiler. Open can of coconut milk and pour into blender, add melted chocolate and blend both until smooth. Pour into pie crust.
2. Chill in refrigerator for 4 hours (or shove it in the freezer and quick set it in less than an hour, haha)
Today I am baking cookies. I decided on Gluten free (and flourless) extra chocolaty cookies! Because they are flourless, you can make them really big!
6 cups icing sugar
1 1/2 cups Dutch organic cocoa powder
1 tsp. sea salt
300g bitter sweet chocolate, chopped
2 cups chopped pecans
8 egg whites at room temperature
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together sugar, cocoa, and salt. Stir in chocolate and pecans. Add egg whites and stir in with a wooden spoon until just incorporated (do not overmix).
3. Drop the cookie mixture onto parchment lined baking sheets in about 1/4 cup amounts, 3 inches apart. Bake until cookie tops are dry and crackled, about 25 minutes. Transfer sheets to wire racks and let cookies cool completely. (you could make them smaller of course, should make about 24 cookies with the 1/4 cup measure)