I will be showing new work during Exposure Festival at the MUSE show. Won’t you come join us for the opening? I’ll post more information closer to the day.0 comments
This was a good idea. I’m obsessed. The waffles are gluten free of course. You can easily heat (crisp) them up the next day in a toaster too- so make extras!
2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1 inch pieces
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 cup canola oil
1 1/2 cup chopped onion
2 Tbsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp minced ginger
1 Tbsp madras curry powder
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. ground turmeric
1 tsp. ground coriander
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 can crushed tomatoes (15 ounce) or 1 pound fresh tomatoes chopped
1 cup plain yogurt
2 Tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
1 tsp. salt
1/2 cup water plus 1 Tbsp water
1 tsp. garam masala
1 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
1. Sprinkle chicken breasts with 2 tsp. salt.
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat and partially cook the chicken in the hot oil until fully browned. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
3. Reduce heat in skillet to medium/high. Add the chopped onion, garlic and ginger and cook until the onion turns translucent (about 8 minutes). Stir in the curry powder, cumin, turmeric, coriander, cayenne and 1 Tbsp water. Mix the tomatoes. yogurt, 1 Tbsp chopped cilantro and 1 tsp. salt into the mixture. Add your browned chicken back to the skillet. Pour 1 cup of water into the skillet, bring to a boil, sprinkle with garam masala and 1 Tbsp chopped cilantro and reduce to medium. Cover skillet with a lid and simmer until the chicken breasts are fully cooked. An instant read thermometer should read 165° F when inserted into the chicken. sprinkle with lemon juice just before serving over waffles!
Best Gluten Free Waffles-
2 cups Bob’s Red Mill all purpose flour (best if you add 18% cornstarch to the flour)
1 tsp. xantham gum
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1 1/2 cups Kellogs Brown Rice Crispies
13 fl. oz milk
7 Tbsp canola oil
2 eggs separated
1. Preheat and oil your waffle iron. I set my Cuisinart to #4 heat setting
2. In a large mixing bowl, place flour, xanthan gum, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk to combine. Add the Brown Rice Crispies and combine. In a separate bowl, place the milk, oil and egg yolks and whisk to combine. Make a well in the center of your dry ingredients and pour the milk mixture into the well. Mix to combine well.
3. Use a mixer to beat your egg whites into soft peaks. Fold the egg whites into the entire mixture gently, until just incorporated (gentle white streaks in batter).
4. Ladle a cup or so of your batter into the preheated waffle iron and spread batter evenly over iron leaving a bit of room from the edges). Close lid and cook for 4 minutes. Consider your first waffle a test, mine took exactly 4 minutes to be perfectly cooked. You want them well browned and crispy. Serve immediately or keep warm in oven. As I mentioned, they crisp up best the next day in the toaster on low. Cool them completely before individually wrapping in foil for fridge storage. You can freeze them too!