2 bunches of spinach (washed and dried)
4 Tbsp macadamia nut oil
1 onion (chopped finely)
1/2 tsp. salt
3 cloves garlic (pressed)
1 green chili (chopped)
1 can organic black eyed beans
1 cup coconut milk
1/2 tsp. green chili chutney
Green Chili Chutney ingredients:
6 green chilies
1/2 tsp. cumin
1 clove garlic
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
Directions for Green chili chutney- mix ingredients in blender until liquid. store in fridge
Directions for Spinach Curry with Beans and coconut gravy
1. chop spinach finely
2. heat oil on med high in a large pot, add the onion and saute until golden
3. add the spinach to the sauteed onions. cook until all of the water is evaporated stirring occasionally
4. add salt, garlic, beans and green chili chutney
5. cook for 3 minutes and then add the coconut milk.
6. cook for 5 more minutes and remove from heat.
Serve with additional Green chili chutney
this goes nicely with my Masala fish recipe and brown basmati rice with a bit of mango chutney as for fun.