Tastes more like leeks than peas for those of you who that matters
1 Tbsp Virgin Olive oil
2 Med. leeks, washed and sliced thin (just the white and light green please)
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups GF vegetable broth (mine was homemade)
3 cups fresh or thawed frozen peas
1 Tbsp tarragon leaves
salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
1. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan on medium heat. Add leeks, and saute for 5 minutes or until soft.
2. Add the garlic and stir for 1 minute. Add the vegetable broth and 1 cup water. Bring to simmer and then let simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Add the peas, cook for just a minute.
4. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
5. Use a blender to puree the soup along with the Tarragon leaves.
6. Liberally salt and pepper to taste.
7. Serve hot or cold!