Store bought Jalapeño jellies are bland and artificially colored. This one has kick.
4 Green Peppers, washed, seeds removed
1- 12oz jar of sliced jalapeños, drained
1 washed jalapeño pepper
1 1/2 cups white vinegar
1/2 tsp. cayenne
6 1/2 cups sugar
4 boxes of certo
1. Using a food processor, grind your green peppers and jalapeño pepper, next grind your drained sliced jalapeños. Not too runny, just lightly chunky.
2. Place all of the ground peppers in a heavy pot with the vinegar and cayenne and bring to boil, lower the heat and keep at a rolling boil for 10 minutes.
3. Add sugar (stirring in slowly) and return to boil. Boil for about 5 minutes.
4. Add certo and bring to boil again. Boil hard for 10 minutes.
5. Skim and jar in sterilized dry jars.
Serve with cream cheese and crackers or as a condiment on just about anything.