It’s fall (ish) and corn is in season. Next time you cook up some fresh ears (I like to grill em), make sure you cook a few extra. That way you can cut the corn off the ears and save it for something good. Like these grilled corn pancakes! So delicious.
2 cups corn kernels (cooked and cooled)
1 cup almond or soy milk
2 large eggs
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1 cup all purpose flour (GF)
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. sucanat
1. Whisk together the eggs, almond milk and melted butter in a bowl. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
2. Add the liquid into the dry ingredients, stir and fold in cooked corn kernels.
3. Let the batter rest for 15 minutes.
4. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat, add some canola oil and drop your pancake mix in 1/4 cup measures onto the heated skillet. Turn when underside is nicely browned and cook other side.
5. These are great with maple syrup but you could also serve with savory toppings!