I rarely have French Toast these days. Something about not having proper brioche….. Today I was craving it strong! So I made a very passable GF version using Udi’s Gluten Free bread
4 slices of Udi’s Gluten Free bread, white or whole grain
2/3 cup almond milk
1. Lightly beat your two eggs, , add the almond milk while whisking.
2. Add a pinch of salt to the mixture.
3. Toast your bread just until it is dry but not yet browning on the edges.
4. Soak bread slices in the egg mixture for a few minutes, turning to coat.
5. Melt some butter in a frying pan on medium until it just stops foaming, add your coated bread slices to the pan, cook a few minutes on each side until brown, sprinkle with cinnamon, serve with butter and Canadian maple syrup.