easy to prepare and even easier to eat
3 Talapia fillets
6 corn tortillas
handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
ancho chile powder, to taste
hot sauce to taste
salt and pepper, to taste
1/3 cup Canola oil
Juice of two limes
1 tsp Garlic salt
3 Tbsp Adobo chile sauce including chiles (from a can of chipotles in adobo), minced fine
3 avocados, pitted and chopped
1/4 cup red onion, minced fine
juice of 1 1/2 limes
2 garlic cloves, minced
salt and pepper to taste.
Directions for Guacamole- combine your ingredients and you are done!
3 tomatillos, sliced thick
1. Mix all of the marinade ingredients in a bowl, pour over the Talapia in a shallow glass dish and cover. Refrigerate for 2 hours minimum.
2. Clean your grill well and then brush with a bit of canola oil. Brush tomatillo slices with oil and place on grill, turn when grill marks appear and remove from heat, set aside for tacos.
3. Wipe the grill with some oil, take fish out of marinade and just before grilling sprinkle some ancho chile powder, salt and pepper (and hot sauce if you like) on each side. Lay fish on grill and cook for a few minutes (about three) and then turn and grill the other side.
4. While fish is cooking, warm some corn tortillas in foil on the side of the grill
5. Serve cooked fish, tomatillos and guacamole on the warmed tortillas. Garnish with cilantro, (sour cream if you like) and hot sauce.